Sunday, September 5, 2010

4 Miles

I just completed week 3 of my 10K training. I ran 4 miles tonight! This is the longest/farthest that I have ever ran in my entire life. I have never been a runner so I would say that this is a good accomplishment for myself. Let's also take into consideration that my left foot is retarded... I feel very good about my run tonight!

I think one thing that kept my feet moving throughout these 4 miles were my thoughts. I have had a lot on my mind lately and tonight I was able to use those thoughts as my fuel to run. Here are my thoughts:
1. In a month and a half I tell my boss if I will be signing on for another school year at MeySen or not. This would mean that I would commit to another year & a half in Japan. So my move home date would then be in March of 2012. What should I do? Should I stay or should I go? March 2011 or March 2012?? I just don't know right now. Ginger, oh wise one, what should I do?
2. Logan, Melanie, Ally, and I are planning a trip for Christmas this year. We have about 2 weeks off from work so we thought it would be fun to go somewhere together. Our first choice was Australia. We looked at tickets.....too dang expensive! Alright, 2nd choice (which now is our 1st choice) the Philippines. We got our plan figured out, found tickets at a decent price but when pushed to book the flight the dang website kept saying that it couldn't make our request....LAME! Needless to say, we all got very frustrated!!! Why is it soo complicated and sooo dang expensive to travel ANYWHERE! So we decided that because of our frustration that this week we would look at tickets and places to go because, WE ARE NOT STAYING IN JAPAN FOR CHRISTMAS! Europe is now in the cards. Next Sunday we are getting together to for sure book our flights. Wish us luck!

So that is what made my 4 mile run such a success tonight! I think for the day of my race, October 10th, I will have to make sure that I will have some built up frustration so that I will have the motivation to keep on keepin on! ha I just wanted to say that phrase... Thank you Joe Dirt!

I finished Never Let Me Go. In my last post I bashed it. It wasn't that bad when I finished it, but I wouldn't ever recommend it to anyone. The whole time I was reading it I just felt like I had to read it even though I didn't want to. They are making a movie about it and I will probably watch it. I wouldn't be shocked if I liked the movie, but I still don't really see the point of the book. I started book #3, My Sister's Keeper. I've read 1 chapter and I like it already!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no.... I've been out of internet access for the past month, so I have been behind on your posts. Now that I read this blog, I realize that you probably only have a few days to decide on what you should do with your life. My vote is that you come home, but thats simply out of selfishness. And my selfishness is the final say on all things! Ha, I'm kidding. My hope is that you find a place to call home for a while. Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete