Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Challenge

Well it's been a week since I have started my list and it has been a lot harder than I thought! Let me tell you why! I will just start at the beginning:
1. Read the entire Bible- The plan I am following has me reading once a day. I didn't even make it 3 days before I had missed a day. I am back on track now, but let's just face it, the Old Testament is not a page turner. Just to let you know, I am not reading it from Genesis to Revelation, I will be bouncing around.
9. Learn to play the guitar....well!- I picked up the guitar last night, I have a long way to go! I am borrowing a guitar from my school since mine did not make the big flight over here. The guitar I am using is older and it has 9 strings! I couldn't even play the 6 strings, this will be a challenge!
22. Take 1 picture every day.- I only have 10 pictures and it has been 11 days! So I have already failed at this one but I plan on continuing regardless. I accidentally forgot to take a picture yesterday. Yesterday was Marine Day in Japan, one of their many National Holidays. I made the best out of my holiday and relaxed the majority of the day, so there was nothing exciting really to photograph. When my alarm went off at 5:00 this morning I remembered and became very frustrated w/ myself. Hopefully I can keep it at 364 pictures now! Here are a few that I have taken:

July 16- One of my students w/ 2 LARGE beetles we caught outside of our building.
July 17- At the mouth of the Temple Area at Matsushima--This is as far as I got, I didn't pay to go in and I didn't have the time either. Melanie and I were in search of one thing on this trip, Kokeshi Dolls. We found them, and in doing so we also found the Temple Entrance.
July 20- I forgot to buy toilet paper and laundry detergent at the grocery store today. Melanie was nice enough to give me a roll of toilet paper and sell me some detergent. I bought the detergent for a good 350 yen!

No comments:

Post a Comment