Monday, March 29, 2010

Japanese Weddings, Haircuts, and Pregnant Cartwheels

So I think one of the reasons why I don't blog very much is because I never really know what to write about. I am doing so many new things daily that it is really hard to decide what needs to be told and what is really of little or no importance. So within the last few weeks I have done things such as:
1. I ran sound for the Kindergarten Graduation
2. I attended my first Farewell Party for the teachers who were moving back to America.
  • At this party, I did a cartwheel on stage while wearing a wig and a kick ball under my shirt in honor of Kari! (She just had a baby, but I played pregnant Kari). Immersion stole the show!
3. I went to a Sendai 89ers Game!

But I have also done other things that are worth talking more about such as:
1. I went to my friend Hiroe's Wedding Party!
  • In Japan, weddings are done quite differently than in the states. It is basically just a more formal reception. And, the bride and groom actually give you gifts! If you want more details you will just have to ask me specifically to explain because it would be to hard for me to explain on this I think (I really need to work on my writing skills). My friend Hiroe looked absolutely GORGEOUS though! She looked like a princess (she wore 2 different dresses) and she looked so happy. The love between her and Takeshi was so evident!
2. I got my first haircut in Japan!
  • I went with my friend Aki to get our hair done! I got it short again. I was a little nervous because of the language barrier and everything, but Aki was able to help me communicate with my hairdresser. The guy that cut my hair was very nice. He tried to talk to me a couple of times and I did my best to talk back. I am gettin used to awkward conversations!
Ok so I will do my best to keep you all posted on my life in Japan! I am still compiling my list of 24 things to do before I turn 24, so please let me know if you have any ideas! In my next post I will let you know some of the things that have made it on my list! Well good-bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment