Monday, September 3, 2012

Life is hard.

Ok, as most of you know, I complain A LOT! I can pretty much complain about anything.  Is this a good quality?... No, I don't think so!  However, I still do it.  Lately, I have found that my complaining has definitely increased.  Whether I complain about school, people, my body, clothing... whatever! I have come to realize that I do it way too much.  My common excuse for this is that Life is hard.  Well, you know what? I need to GET OVER IT! I have been thinking about this a lot and here is what I have come to realize: 

If life were easy, it would be BORING! 

AND boredom is NO FUN

We need to embrace what life throws at us... the disappointments, the challenges, the failures, the good, the success...EVERYTHING! Every experience we encounter makes us stronger! Just think about it, if we never experience failure then how will we ever know what success feels like?

So this is what I am challenging both myself and you... Let's embrace the disappointments and hardships we encounter and try to find the beauty and good within them.  Stop with the complaints (I'm speaking to myself right now) and accept it! 

Life is never slow or easy, and if it is, then are you really living?! 

Remember SOMEDAY IS TODAY! Stop basking in the should've, could've, would've-s and think about what you CAN DO! It's your life, so start living! 


--Prior to writing this post, I read my good friend's blog and realized that we have been pondering similar things... in some sense! She encouraged me and I hope she encourages you as well! 
So, CHECK IT OUT:

 Jane the Philosopher @ http://janethephilosopher.com/life-and-stuff/

2 comments:

  1. amen sisterd. and when i complain, it only makes me feel worse- then i complain even MORE... endless cycle. Funny thing, episode of boy meets world this am was similar to your challenge. Oh how God speaks to us- strange, but helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey Dee- I loved this post!!! I feel honored that my post meant something to you and that we share some of the same thoughts and feelings on life. I get so mad sometimes and wonder why when we were in HS no one told us how hard life was going to be, why wasn't there a class in "life". I am sure even if there was or even if someone did tell us we would have nothing of it.. I have learned that it is a live and learn process. It makes me feel so much better knowing I am not the only person who feels this way and knowing that we are all in this together makes the roughness a little more bearable. Life is hard, I concur on that one- but I wake up each day and tell myself I just have to keep on keep'n on... Love you Kels!!!

    ReplyDelete