Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My New Adventure!

Well, as most of you know, I now live in Japan. I have been here for about a week. I will be teaching at MeySen Academy in Sendai. You should Google it, it is absolutely fascinating. MeySen has 2 campuses. They are both like tiny little amusement parks. BEAUTIFUL! It is hard to believe that this is what I am doing with my life now. If you were to ask me 8 months ago what my plan was, this would not have been it. You never know where life may take you. This is very exciting though. I will be teaching Japanese Kindergartners English. These students will learn the skills they need to learn at this level, but through the English language. It is an immersion program so the only language we will speak in the classroom is English. No worries, for my job, I do not need to know Japanese. However, I will do my best to learn the language so that I will be able to communicate with parents and to get around in Japan. I begin my official training tomorrow, but I will not get my own classroom until April, which is when the school year will start up again. Well please stay posted, this was more of just a general info passage of what I will be doing here. I promise that there will be much more exciting entries to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment